Our Safety Philosophy
Colonial Pipeline Company is committed to the safety
of everyone touched by its operations. This philosophy
is a moral obligation and fundamental to our success.
We believe all injuries and accidents are preventable
- We, employees and leaders, do not compromise safety to achieve any business objective.
- We are all accountable for our personal safety and the safety of all employees, contractors and the public.
- We ensure both employees and contractors are properly trained and qualified to perform their work safely.
- We empower and encourage all employees and contractors to stop, correct and report any unsafe condition.
- We only employ contractors that embrace our Safety Philosophy.
- We use a Safety Management System to manage risks and continuously improve our safety performance.
- We build safety into the design, construction, operation and maintenance of our pipelines and facilities.
- We assess, learn and communicate to continuously improve our safety practices.
- We actively encourage each other to practice safety on and off the job 24/7.
- We recognize and celebrate our individual and company safety excellence.
Our personal commitment to the prevention of injuries
and accidents is and always will be our greatest
accomplishment. Safety as a core value ensures